Recently I created a "File Drop" folder that allows anyone who owns the link to upload files. However, I want to drop/upload files programmatically. Luckily, there is an undocumented way to do so.
It is a painful process and I would like to record the whole process.. I will provide a script in the end to assist, but the script should be used "AS IS."
To get wireshark working on Android, we will need many many libraries to start with. Most importantly, we need:
To get these (and compiled correctly), we also need to get
libxml2. First we need to download all these. Navigate to a directory and use the following script to do so. Continue reading Compile tshark/wireshark for Android
I did not find online anyone mentioning about this. But after I update my S8 to Android Oreo (8.0, the latest system version), my Project Fi lost its data connections.
I found this issue after I left home taking an Uber. I was standing outside and there was no WiFi. My S8 behaved as usual until I notice there was no LTE sign in the status bar. I opened the Uber app and it said "No Internet Connections." I tried other apps and finally found my LTE was gone.
Okay, so long story short, if you encounter the same problem as I did, here is the solution. I do not know why it happens, but the update triggers a change in the network access point settings. For S8, if you navigate to
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
You will see
Project Fi -Tm is selected (there might be two of them). Click on the one that is already chosen and we'll edit the
APN protocol. The update somehow changes the
APN protocol to
IPv6 only. Now change that to
Everything now gets back to normal. 😀
It is exciting to actually make 802.11mc FTM working with Intel 8260 chip! Greatly thank Mohamed Ibrahim for all the help!
Please find below the GitHub Wiki link for details to enable this feature on Intel 8260 chip:
Not sure if T-mobile follows the same procedure but I find the original solution here for S3 Frontier (AT&T). It apparently works for S2 also. I have no idea why AT&T does not release this and claims they cannot unlock wearables (in 2016).
Here is a log of the procedure, verified by both XDA folks and me.
First, you need to get the unlock code (from here at AT&T). If you are not the account holder, ask them to follow the procedure for you. To get the unlock code, you need to find out your smartwatch's IMEI number at
Settings > Gear Info > About Device. For me, the request takes about 2 business days. Some people did not get it in couple days and pinged at the customer service and went it through.
Anyway, suppose you have the 8-digit unlock code now. You get it from the email asking you to follow the procedure by first "power off the device and remove the SIM card". Yea, you can never do that for Gear S2/S3 because they use eSIM.
slapshot2286, we can unlock the device by doing the following.
- Go to
Settings > Gear Info > About Deviceand scroll down to
Software Version5 times and a keyboard will show up
#7465625*638*#and another dialog shows up, which says "Personalisation" followed by "Enter NCK"
- Enter the unlock code you get from AT&T and tap
You will then see
SUCCESS indicating you have unlocked your Gear S2/S3. Period.
Last year I was suggesting to use StartSSL/StartCom to get free SSL certificates and easily enable HTTPS for websites. Apparently now Chrome and Firefox have distrusted their certificates and considered my site as a "malicious" site after then. I went online and looked for alternatives and Let's Encrypt is a really great service (free & more freedom). Here I log the process how did I switch to certificates with Let's Encrypt.
In this log/tutorial, I assume websites have already enabled SSL (e.g., using
httpd as demonstrated in this earlier post) and are using Apache version less than 2.4.8. Also, I'm using Debian 7. Otherwise, try to follow instruction here. Continue reading Switch From StartSSL/StartCom To Let's Encrypt (Enable HTTPS For Websites)
There are many things going on wrong after I upgraded to OSX 10.12. For example, the Latex issue logged here.
Here I plan to log stuff that went wrong and how to fix them. As I kept updating, it could be long.
Use the following to create a large dummy file containing all zeroes. Below we assume 1GB size file. You can change it to something else.
dd if=/dev/zero of=bigfile count=1 bs=1 seek=$((1024 * 1024 * 1024 - 1))
Learned from here.